Dubbyman – Those Days of Radio Part II (Keep It Deep Guest Mix)
Zum Wochenendbeginn ein weiterer Guest Mix, der dieses Mal aus der Hand eines Produzenten stammt, dessen Tracks ich ausserordentlich schätze, genauso wie die Releases auf seinem eigenen Label, Deep Explorer Music. Es ist José Manuel Alvarez, besser bekannt unter seinem Künstleralias Dubbyman. Beatdown und entschleunigte House-Sounds sind sein Markenzeichen. Und was er für den Podcast eingespielt hat? Hört selbst. Me likey!
1. Hello Dubbyman, would you like to introduce yourself?
Hi everybody, I am Dubbyman from Deep Explorer music. I was born in Spain in 1973 and my life is the music. I collect and play vinyl since i was 12 years old.
2. When did your initial music spark ignite?
If you mean when I started to show interest in music, it was in the 80′s listening to the radio.
3. Who and what is your most important influence?
Everybody and no one in no particular order. I mean, my influences come from everywhere and everything that has a good melody.
4. How would you describe your own style?
Sorry, I can’t describe my own work.
5. You are the (co-)founder of Deep Explorer recordings, a label focused on deep house and beatdown sounds. What was the reason to launch your own imprint?
Since I was a little boy I used to make all the things on my very own, you know…so rebel… My parents didn’t have much money so I used to build my own things.
Also in 2001 I was so tired to listen all night and day the same words from the all the label owners telling me “Ok, your sound is cool but don’t you have something harder?” That’s why I built my own platform, and my brother Above Smoke joined me.
6. Can you tell us something about your labels release policy?
We like it = we release it. Wwell, obviously the label has its limits… But believe me, if we really like the product, that we surely could cross that line…;)
7. You also produce your own tracks. What is your inspiration and what are you currently working on?
Sometimes I have a melody in my mind when I just wake up and this melody hits my brain throughout the day… So, at night, I go back to my studio… And this happens almost all the time.
I can’t make it…XD So the less times that works or just i find another good sound…
During 2009 and this 2010 I published a lot of tracks and remixes. So, now, me and my brother Above Smoke are focusing on helping other artists to find their own sound and to build complete songs.
8. What are your future plans?
My plan is to think less about what might happen in the future and to fully live the present…;)
Hier geht’s zum Mix:
Mehr im Web: